Friday, December 26, 2014

A Peek Into My Classroom: First Arrangement

Back to school again.
This year I will NOT be changing rooms mid year, so I am able to take my time in setting up my classroom. This summer I spent a lot of time thinking about how I would like my classroom to look and what the flow of the classroom needs to be. Here is a look at my classroom.

 Dramatic Play: Changes monthly
Sep. - Harvest Sale
The board behind it is our Bible Board. Once school starts each child will make a self portrait to go on it.
 Reading Corner
My favorite spot and hopefully by the end of the year, it is their favorite spot.
Right above it is our Word Wall. We have a variety of books in the baskets on the left. Those will continue to change throughout the year. The bookshelf on the right changes weekly with the theme. We have a basket of Reading Buddies, felt board and puppets to retell stories.

Close up of the books and "Reading Buddies."
Our tables in a fun L shape. Gotta try something new!
Each child gets a new table spot each month. Here is their journal and "I'm a Preschooler" name tag.
List of Jobs. Every child has a job. This switches weekly along with their rug spot.
Our "Learning Corner". 
Our World Map! It is way more fun to learn about countries with a giant map on our wall.
Teacher chair, alaphabet pocket chart, morning songs, morning meeting materials.
Kitchen
Art Area: It is a favorite spot. The three rulers will hold different crafts throughout the year. The clips make it easy to change and NO rolling of tape or things falling off the wall!! :)
We will put out a variety of art supplies and the children will have time to create freely. 
My aide's and Mine area! Counter and sink for everyday needs. Desk and cupboard full of supplies!
 Each year, every student puts his/her thumbprint on my tree. It will be fun to see how full it is in a few years!! I LOVE my teacher toolbox. I cannot believe I went a WHOLE year without one!
Our Preschool Community Wall
Each student has a name on the leaf. Every owl is a teacher and aide!
My Owl!
Our Cubbies! We use the buckets to hold hats, mittens, scarves, etc. during the winter. It really helps us not loose everything! Best Dollar Tree purchase.
These frames are from Ikea. I have them around the room on Open House night. They say what to leave where.
This is the first arrangement! 

 Table Tags
 This year my name tags weren't sticking to the table, so I tried using velcro command strips, but the kids kept pulling them off. Found out that Clorax leaves a residue. We used our school cleaner and the name tags stuck again!

Second Arrangement Post Coming!!!

12.26.14
 

No comments:

Post a Comment